Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wednesday, July 23, 2008: Missing home

Small revelations:
-Bryan's working full time.
-I'm a full time mom with very few breaks.
-I'm not sleeping well because of heat, noise, boys and worries.
-Naps are needed.
-The missionaries are dreamers and I love it. I want to be more of a dreamer.

I miss home but I don't really have a home to miss. We have a new house that we own in Bloomington, MN but it is not home yet. We have not lived hteir and haven't unpacked. Rochester, MN was our home but it is no longer.
I miss they comforts of home more than an actual place.
I miss our comfortable queen size bed (instead of twins or our double now).
I miss air conditioning.
I miss familiar faces and places, family and friends.
I miss a clean bathroom.
I miss a clean kitchen.
I miss having a bug-free home (or at least many fewer bugs).
I miss music.
I miss unlimited computer time.
I miss my kids toys (so they can better entertain themselves).
I miss ice cream (difficult to get hom unmelted - 1 1/2 hour drive).
I miss the news of the US.
I miss the dishwasher.
I miss being able to flush toilet paper.

I know I am whining a bit. I have a lot to be thankful for and that will come another day. Today I'm just feeling homesick.

No comments: