Thursday, July 24, 2008

Saturday, July 19, 2008: Road trip

Today I went with Iain (from Scotland) and the Roth family and 2 nursing students. Molly and Emily to La Ceiba. It is a larger city about an hour and half away. It was quite a fun journey. Only I returned with Iaen because we dropped everyone else off at different places. I only went along for the ride so that I could get groceries. I ended up having a wonderful tim at the grocery store all by myself even though I don't speak Spanish. I spent an hour perusing the aisles of the gigantic store, stocking up food for the next 2 weeks.

On the way to La Ceiba, I got to talke with Maggie, Emily and Molly about their lives and Maggie's family. On the way back to the hospital, I got to hear lots of great stories from Iain about how he came to know Christ and how God gave him a vision of starting a Children's Center/Home in Honduras. He is a man of great passion and breeds it in those around him. He also taught me about Hondura's history and more about the people and culture here. It was a very enjoyable time.

Bryan finally to the beack today with the boys while I was gone. I kind of wish he hadn't gone without me now because he is suffering with a bad sunburn. At least we brought aloe with lidocaine with us but I would have been happy to not have used it. I have had enough sunburns in my life to know that lidocaine works wonders on a sunburn.

No comments: