Friday, July 18, 2008

Thursday, July 17, 2008: The Roths

We have become fast friends with the Roth family. They are staying in the same building with us and their girls have spent countless hours entertaining my boys. The mother of the crew, Maggie, is a surgeon's wife and understands the complication of a medical family. I appreciate all she has shared with me. Zach is the oldest child followed by Holly. The next two girls, Naomi and Joscelyn, have enjoyed playing with Jaden and Clay the most. They have spent a lot of time coloring, cutting, pasting and taping projects together. Holly comes in with extra energy when Naomi and Joscelyn get warn out.

I particularly relate to Naomi, being the 3rd f 4 kids. She's got spunk and I hope she gets the encouragement she needs to accomplish great things for God. She is high energy and a perfectionist, it seems. She is also skilled at many things. I am sure she will cause her parents worry but hopefully they will see her for the world-changer she might become. The father of the family is Mark and he is here doing general surgery for 4 weeks.

The whole family has gotten involved on this trip and they have been an example to me. Even the kids have all done their part at 14, 11, 9 and 8 years old. They all leave this Saturday and I am sure I will miss them. I will be waiting for new families to arrive.

No comments: