Friday, May 23, 2008

Side By Side no longer

I have been a part of a great Bible study and a great group of women for the last 3 years that we have been in Rochester. That community is known as Side By Side (SBS-Rochester), a ministry for medical spouses (really just wives). I have thoroughly enjoyed this group and they have challenged me to become more of the person God wants me to be.

I already miss this group.

Our last meeting was one week ago today. My Friday mornings won't be the same.

Last Friday was the Farewell Brunch and end of the year slideshow of pictures. It was a sad time to say goodbye to many women who's husbands are finishing their medical training at the Mayo Clinic and its hospitals in Rochester, MN. I am one of those women. My husband is finishing his residency in internal medicine and he is just about done.

I have done many things in this Bible study group including leading a small group for two years, managing the website, assembling slideshows, and managing the sound equipment whenever available. I have officially passed off all of my responsibilities and the year is done.

There were many goodbyes last Friday and I am sure the goodbyes will continue till we move in less than a month.

If you are a medical wife, Side By Side is a great organization that is nationwide and associated with the Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA). There are many groups in cities across the US. Click on the picture below to find out more info.

No comments: