Monday, May 19, 2008

breakfast date

This morning I had a breakfast date with Jaden. It is very rare right now that I get time alone with Jaden so I have to take advantage of it when I can.

I have both Clay and Jaden in daycare today so that I can get some stuff done without their distraction. That stuff includes running to stores and other places I need to get things done and it also includes my job search and it includes personal time for scrapbooking or watching a movie. Today I am hoping to include some of each of those categories.

Usually I have them in daycare on Tuesdays but this week the only day I could fit them in was Monday but I usually try to avoid that because Jaden has preschool on Mondays. So today we dropped Clay off at daycare at 8am and Jaden and I went out for breakfast together before preschool. Jaden let me choose to go to Panera (one of my favorite fast food places). I wanted him to choose whatever breakfast item he wanted, but all he wanted was a brownie. I did let him have one after eating some fruit and trying the bagel and mini cheese quiche I got. It was a fun time to spend alone with him, even though he didn't admit he was having fun. I am hoping this stage of saying he is not having fun passes soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Jaden's feeling better! Good luck on the job search. Let me know if I can help out.