Wednesday, August 20, 2008

internet

So, we finally have internet at our house! It has been a long week and a half. I haven't gotten back to blogging but I hope to get back into the routine soon. Not sure I am ready for it yet. I do miss getting my thoughts out of my head.

We have lost much sleep to watching the Olympics and doing stuff around the house all hours of the day and night. That has been causing me bad headaches and sometimes migraines. That is depleting me of any extra energy.

We have gotten tons done around the house, including our new kitchen. We have had lots of family here to help us from ND. There seem to be an endless supply of little projects around the house and we keep creating more. There is still a lot of organizing and decorating to be done in the house but it is happening very slowly now. Everything is pretty much unpacked except for a few boxes in our basement that will remain there. Usually Bryan and I are very good about getting our bedroom setup first but this time our bedroom is the worst and still needs the most help. It is on the top of my list to do but there always seems to be some urgent thing that needs to get done when I am ready to tackle our room.

I am busy checking our preschools and touring them. There doesn't seem to be a perfect option but I am still looking and it is time consuming when I would rather be getting settled more in our house.

Other emergencies that we are dealing with: paying our mortgage 20 days late (thank goodness for extra time on the first payment and nice telephone people at Chase), dealing with the insurance company from the hail damage on 5/30 on our house in Rochester, getting our dryer working after much tinkering from Bryan and a host of toddler emergencies.

Gotta go for another school tour!

No comments: