· A drunken HIV-positive man who was shot in the leg and nearly died from blood loss.
· An 8-year old girl who was raped earlier in the day by the man with the bullet wound in his leg.
· A dying AIDS patient who turned out to be the 8-year-old-girl’s mother.
· A man who accidentally fell on his machete, piercing his chest wall, lung, and heart and later died.
· A boy who had his hand nearly destroyed by an infection.
· A man who had a fractured hip and had gone to the local government hospital where they put a cast on his ankle!
· A heart patient who came to the hospital psychotic, bound hand and foot, with 5 hefty men unable to control him.
· A boy who had the entire right side of his chest burned by boiling milk.
· A woman who fell and sprained her ankle, but who spread rumors in the community that we had not casted her “broken leg” because we had run out of casting plaster.
· Patients are still hearing about God from the entire hospital staff. Four have accepted Jesus in just the last 2 weeks.
· The rapist is in jail (unusual for the Honduran justice system).
. A lady died after hernia surgery from a blood clot to her lungs but came to know Christ during the recovery process. Her husband also became a Christian while the hospital staff was trying to get the lady's heart restarted.