Tuesday, January 22, 2008

crazy week

It was so nice to have my sister, Roxanne, and her family here in Rochester, MN. It has been 2 years since I have seen them and I got to meet my new nephew, Gregory, who is 8 1/2 months old. They also got to meet my son, Clay, who is 19 months old. It was also nice to hangout with my parents and brother, Kirk, and his family. I had a lot of fun throwing a little shower for my sister-in-law, Chrystine, who is pregnant with another baby girl. I didn't get much sleep and Clay was sick and probably gave everybody colds but it is always nice to share things with family, ha ha.

The week ended on a sad note when we heard about Bryan's great grandmother Edna Neuharth passing away. We quickly made arrangements to go to Huron and Wolsey, South Dakota to be with family. It was so nice that Bryan was able to get time off from work. I think that funerals make people reflective about life and what we want to leave behind. I was reminded that I want to leave a legacy. I want to make sure that I impact people positively and leave behind the love of Christ but also know that I helped make a difference in people's lives.

Here is a picture of Edna Neuharth, 94 years old at her death. This was the last time we saw her when Jaden was 8 months old. Jaden actually got to meet his great great grandmother. She also had 4 other great great grandchildren. She had a life well-lived and is living much better in heaven now because of her faith in Jesus.

No comments: