Thursday, February 25, 2010

day 8 of 19: from Honduras to Haiti

On Thursdays at Loma de Luz, there is a gathering of all of the missionaries for some singing, sometimes preaching or story-sharing and lots of prayer. Tonight we had the privilege of hearing Dr. Don Rumbaugh's stories from being in Haiti for the last 17 days. He just arrived back in Honduras last night. He is one of the physicians at the hospital/clinic here and left for awhile to help people in greater need. It was great to hear about his experience there. It continues to shock and overwhelm me when I hear and see the devastation in Haiti. I am once again asking myself, "What is my response?" "What should I do to help?" I am still thinking and praying and meditating on that. We have given money and have prayed. What else? I know there is more to be done.

I know it is Jesus's heart to help the poor, feed the hungry and cloth the naked. I want to share in that love and do the same.

No comments: