Monday, October 20, 2008

great neighbors

Today the boys and I had a blast playing outside for 2 1/2 hours with our neighbors in our cul-de-sac. I love my new neighbor friend, Karen. She may not know that she is my friend but she is. She is such a laid back mom that it is refreshing to be around her. She is a mom to an 8 year old boy, Keegan, and an almost 4 year old boy, Aiden. Jaden just loves Aiden, or more appropriately, loves his toys.

We spent time raking leaves, jumping in them (yes, me too but it ended quickly after I got grass and mud stains), riding bikes, playing with balls, writing with chalk, shooting air rockets, watering plants, washing bikes and anything else with wheels and bagging leaves. I love our beautiful old trees with colorful leaves but they sure are increasing our outdoor workload. The time outside ended with Jaden racing me to his bike. He sure is getting fast! We had to come inside and eat the boys favorite, macaroni and cheese, to warm up from the 50 degree weather outside.

No comments: