Thursday, July 16, 2009

rudeness and grace

I see the rudeness in others and it makes me realize that I am still rude and not nice to others. When others are rude, I want to step in and use my voice and tell them what's what. But, I know that it could be me on the other side. I am not always nice to others. Sometimes I say the wrong things. Sometimes I say mean things. Sometimes all I care about is myself.

My first reaction is to criticize others for their wrongdoing but everyone deserves the grace that God gives me every time I mess up.

It reminds me of the passage in the Bible about removing the log in your own eye before pointing out the small splinter of wood in someone else's eye.

My prayer is that when I see other's faults, it would remind me of the logs in my eyes that need to be washed out. Jesus, help me not be judgemental and help me to generously give out the grace that you give me daily.

No comments: