Thursday, July 23, 2009

my brain got stepped on

Today I got beat-up in a meeting at work. Not physically, but it sure felt like my brain got stepped on and abused as I tried to figure out what was going on. I couldn't ask all the questions I needed to better understand the work because that would have made the meeting last all night.

I don't get embarrassed easily but today I took a beating and walked away feeling sorry for myself. I was asked to sub-in for my coworker for a meeting that he called. I had him get someone else to lead the meeting but somehow that didn't end up happening. Everyone expected me to lead the meeting. What were they thinking? I am only a few months into this and now they are throwing a whole new set of acronyms my way. I wanted to scream and tell them that all I understand from what you just said are the words "the, and to"!!! I kept my cool trying to look the best I could for my friend who is enjoying his vacation. He will probably regret having me in the meeting when he returns. Well, maybe not but I definitely regret that decision.

The hardest day at my engineering job can not even compare to the hardest day taking care of two preschoolers.

No comments: