Sunday, June 14, 2009

my spiritual meditations

My piano teacher, Hestia, is a very opinionated woman. She randomly gives me spiritual lessons because she found out that I am a Christian. A few weeks back she told me that she was reading a book about Psalm 23 from the Bible. The psalm (poem/song) starts out: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." I have been thinking about those words for the last 4 weeks. Hestia told me there is so much to those words and she is right. I am still meditating on them.

Today, I found some new words to meditate. I love the song Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. We sang a new verse that I hadn't heard until today (at Bryan's parents' church) so I looked it up in their hymn book and they had an American Indian version of the song, very interesting. I am taken by the first few words of the song in English. "Come thou fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing thy grace." Love that second line, "Tune my heart to sing thy grace." That is my prayer today.

1 comment:

TB said...

Thanks for sharing today--I like the meditations very much!