Tuesday, June 2, 2009

home from a great vacation

We are back in Minnesota! We had an awesome vacation and saw lots of friends. The boys got to play in the sand and the water on Saturday and Sunday and loved it. They wanted to go there again on Monday.

We had a fun barbecue on Saturday for Dan and Laurie's wedding and got to meet everyone going to the wedding. We played volleyball and hungout on the beach at Sandy Point State Park in Annapolis, MD.

Saturday night we had an awesome party with lots of friends, hosted by our family/friends, Brian and Kim. We got to see lots of people that we love and miss. It was a lot of fun.

On Sunday, Dan and Laurie had a beautiful beach wedding and reception at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. The food was incredible and the location was amazing! It was so great and meaningful to celebrate with lifelong friends.

We got to explore Annapolis on Monday and see more friends.

We had a wonderful time and it was quite relaxing. I did come back tired, which I did not want to do. We stayed up late many nights talking with our hosts, Ryan and Heather, and their other houseguests, Ian and Bekah. The late nights were fun but slightly exhausting.

It was so nice to be on vacation and now I have to go back to work for the next three days. I need to get a good night's sleep to prepare and build up for the work I will need to get done. I am not excited to go back to work right now. I need some sleep to not think about it right now.

1 comment:

TB said...

I am glad you had fun :) Sorry you are not thrilled to go back to work--if you need a pick me up, give me a call.... :)

Oh and heard some great news about one of our old favorite neighbors--#3 is on the way. Does that peak your interest Raquel :)