Tuesday, April 1, 2008

to work or not to work

One more thing...

I wanted to link to an article I read on the Washington Post about moms working part-time or full-time or not at all. They didn't spend much time writing at all about the benefits of staying at home which is sad but the article was a good commentary about several women and how they made their choices about work and kids. This is an issue I have thought and prayed about a lot and I am always ready to read more about how others made their decisions.

I thought about working part-time after I had Jaden in DC and decided to stay at home. I continued on that path in Rochester, MN because it was best for my family since Bryan has worked so much through residency. I am now looking to change my hours at home and go back to work part-time in Minneapolis. I have spent many hours thinking about this change and really, truly think it is the best decision not only for me, but for my kids and husband. I know I am a better mom and wife when I get some time away from my kids. God gave me such a passion for the space industry that I know He has a purpose for me there. I am just waiting to see if I should go back to work now or in the next couple years sometime. I am working on the job search like it depends on my efforts but I know that it is all in God's hands if He decides to bless me with a space job in Minneapolis.

No comments: