Monday, February 11, 2008

thank you thought

I got a beautifully written thank you card from my sister-in-law, Chrystine, and on the outside of the envelope was this quote.

"Let us dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams 1765

and it had this website poweroftheletter.com

I really like that quote and I think I am daring to do those things by blogging. I do think that dare is involved because there is intentionality behind blogging for me.

Blogging is not a safe thing. I am sharing my thoughts with the world or at least whoever is out there reading this. I know it probably isn't many people but who knows what thoughts come to your mind when you think of me now because you have read my blog. It might be a more accurate picture of me and it is probably not as beautifult of a picture as you once had of me. Now you know that I am a yeller, pessimist and I don't always think the best of other people. I have a lot of flaws but I think and hope that by talking about them, I can focus on improving them with God's help.

So, anyway, thanks Chrystine for the card with the big thought on the outside of the envelope. And thanks to the USPS for doing your letter campaign. I think that letters are truly invaluable and the words that people write, especially in letters, should be treasured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog makes me love you more!