Friday, December 7, 2007

merry christmas to me

Ok, I just have to write some more.

Last night I got my spur of the moment Christmas present. Bryan and I decided to go a performance by the Russian Ballet, The Nutcracker, at Mayo Civic Center in Rochester. It wasn't in a beautiful theater nor did it have a live orchestra, which would have both made it better, but the ballet was beautiful and made me a very happy wife. We have very little spontaneity in our lives but last night was great. We ate some great Italian food at Victoria's and then headed to the ballet while our kids were at home with our favorite babysitter, Christen Murphy. We didn't have small group last night because we take the first Thursday to have date nights with our spouses. That is just one of the things I love about our small group. The ballet tickets turned out to be my Christmas present because I would much rather have an experience than a physical item as a gift, especially from my husband.

This was a highly unusual week because we actually have had two dates this week. On Sunday we went out to dinner after we met with some other small group leaders that afternoon. The date ended early because our kids weren't feeling so well but it was still a great meal together.

I love weeks with two dates nights because I can't seem to get enough time with Bryan. That only happens a couple of times per year but I will take it when I can get it. I don't like the months that go by with only one date night. That happens way too often. I love dates with my husband!

No comments: