Sunday, December 30, 2007

christmas memories

I never thought I would tell my son, Jaden, the Christmas story of Jesus' birth more times than I can count. I can easily retell it using words and phrases and describe images that he can understand. I didn't realize that this would be a challenge the first time I tried to describe what Christmas is about and why we have a tree and give presents. It is great that I have had the chance to tell him about Mary and Joseph and how baby Jesus came into this world so many times. It has truly refocused me during the holiday season, which can be quite crazy at times.

We had a great week with family in Jamestown and Fargo, ND. My greatest memories will continue to be the 2 concerts that Jaden and I put on for all of the grandparents and aunts and uncles. I am not a great singer but Jaden thinks I am so I do my best for him. We had such a great time singing Christmas songs for family. Here are some of the songs we sang.

Away in a Manger (Jaden is very good at the actions and Clay tries to do some too)
Jingle Bells
Joy to the World
Angel Band
10 Little Reindeer
Oh Come All Ye Faithful (Jaden and Clay's favorite)
Silent Night
Happy Birthday Jesus

Jaden loves to sing and I love to encourage him. It is so great to hear him sing at the top of his lungs without any inhibition.

It is too bad we didn't get a picture of either of our concerts so you will just have to imagine it. A video would have been nice too. I am looking forward to a concert next year with both of my boys.

Just a note. I am not looking forward to tomorrow when I have my wisdom teeth taken out. You can be praying for in the afternoon. My appointment is at 1:50pm. It isn't the greatest timing because Bryan is working all day and night. So, I have someone to be with me and drive me and someone to take care of the kids. All this planning just to save us about $500 because our medical insurance changes on the first of the year. Yep, we just squeezed it in on 12/31/07. What a great last memory of the year! This will be a New Year's Eve to forget! All of this is also happening in the same week that I am supposed to speak at my Bible Study on Friday to about 100 women. So, you can also pray for no complications from getting my wisdom teeth taken out so that I am healthy to speak Friday. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: