Friday, November 30, 2007

love my kids

Not sure why it is that I love my kids so much more when I get a break from them but that is really the way it is for me. Last night I was gone to our couples small group and when I returned to my two sleeping beauties (I think I can still call them that even though they are boys), I just wanted to watch them sleep a little while. Their peaceful sleeping made me think of all the things that I love about them. I also have so much more tolerance and understanding for them just being kids when I have a break from them. I probably need more breaks from my kids than most stay at home moms but I don't mind admitting that. I would like to think part of that is because Bryan works long hours and frequently overnight at the hospital. I think even if he didn't work long hours, I would still need lots of breaks from the kids. Well, thank goodness for finding reasons to take breaks from my kids. Last night it was my couples group. Tonight it was a baby shower. Other nights I take breaks to scrapbook. Gotta love those breaks from my kids. I love my boys more when I return and appreciate them more for who God made them to be. Tomorrow I will be with them all day until a break from them while at church--that is if it doesn't snow too much! Everyday should include a little break from my kids in a perfect world. I guess that is why small children take naps. Wow, I do love naps for them and for me. Need to go take a long nap as Jaden would call it--bedtime.

No comments: