Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bee movie

The boys and I had a blast going to a movie in the theater tonight. Mayo sponsored a free movie with free popcorn and drinks for the residents and fellows families tonight. Bryan had to work so I braved it on my own with the two boys. We saw a Bee Movie and it was hilariously. I laughed at the movie but got even more enjoyment out of watching Jaden and Clay's reaction to the movie. They frequently laughed out loud and pointed to the screen. It was just great to see a movie through their eyes a little bit. I wasn't planning on them making it through the hour and half movie because they never sit still for movies unless they are strapped into a carseat. However, we did see the entire movie, except a few minutes when Jaden asked to go to the bathroom (hallelujah!). Of course my boys weren't the quietest ones in the theater and at one point, an hour and 15 minutes into it, we had to get out of our row because Clay couldn't stay still and then both of them started to cry. They were fine once they could be mobile in the aisle to the doorway where we watched the last 15 minutes of the movie. We ended up staying up way past bed time and it was quite difficult getting them to the van, especially Jaden, but all in all it was a fun outing. I would do it again but probably not in the next week. Oh, on the way home Jaden told me he had to go potty and I didn't want to stop and take them both out of the van so I stopped and put the only pull-up I had on him under his underwear so that he didn't pee all over the carseat. I pulled over in a random parking lot to put the pull-up on and it tore and was unfixable but I put it on anyway to hold any pee it could. Luckily we made it home with dry underwear and a dry pull-up. Potty-training is a lot of work!

No comments: