Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm 31 and proud of it!

It's my birthday and I have had an awesome day. I got up this morning to go to work and before I left I got a card from my sister-in-law, Kim, and an ugly, yet funny card from Bryan. Inside the card from Bryan was my best birthday present ever. He got me a laptop. My very own laptop! Inside the card was a paper with all the details and the laptop was planned to arrive at our house today.

I have been whining about my 8 1/2 year old laptop for a long time and it is pretty much beyond the helping stage. My wonderful, generous and kind husband found me a great laptop. It was delivered to our house today and I am now typing my first blog using my new laptop.

Other parts of my day that were great:
-bringing donuts to work to celebrate my birthday and getting gas station chai (love that cheap stuff)
-working really hard and getting a lot accomplished for two presentations
-getting a warm reception from my kids at school
-Clay said he is going to make me a present tomorrow at school
-Jaden made me a treasure out of paper in the shape of a pot of gold with glitter on it too (so cute!) (I never thought I would love homemade treasures so much but they bring me such joy when made by my boys.)
-coming home to my Bryan who hung-up a sign for my birthday, got my laptop and got some of my favorite foods to share with our meal group friends at our house tonight
-eating yummy Panera Greek salad, soups and bread, with dulce de leche cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory for dessert (I got so much joy from others enjoying my favs too. That cheesecake is the bomb!)
-going to bed with my sweetie!

Happy birthday to me!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy birthday! Glad you had such a great day. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday. Next time try the "Chris' Outrageous Chocolate Cake" from The Cheesecake Factory.

TB said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY R :):) Wooo Hooo for your 30s!