Thursday, September 27, 2007

God opportunity

There has been a change of plans and I will not be speaking this Friday at my Bible study. I was truly honored to be asked to speak at the Winter Brunch instead and have accepted so I will be doing that instead of speaking this Friday. I had previously felt that God wanted me to ask for more time to speak in order to say what He wanted me to and that made me quite uncomfortable. After checking with my husband, he suggested that I talk with Robin Morgenthaler, who had asked me to give the Love Gift originally. When I told her what I was feeling, she thought we should check with the Side By Side (medical spouses Bible study) steering committee. I hadn't heard anything from anyone for over a week and just assumed that I would be giving my Love Gift. I continued to prepare what I was going to say and God was helping me write out what He wanted me to say more than I have ever felt Him before. It was as if He was giving me ideas of what to say and how to say it. I will continue to trust God over the next few months that what I say will be what He wants me to say and that it will minister to women in the audience.

It has always been a challenge for me to know when I am hearing God's internal voice. Usually if I ignore it, then the feeling I had goes away and I forget all about it. That is usually the easier option and it happens quite frequently to me. For some reason, this time I shared it with my husband and he pushed me one step further because he felt like I should follow through on this. God really used my husband, Robin and the steering committee to give me this opportunity and I want to make sure that I allow God to use me as I speak in January.

Thanks for your prayers and I will still be needing them.

No comments: