Friday, October 22, 2010

No NASA job but maybe a layoff

There is no potential NASA job for me for awhile. I just heard back that the position I was still being considered for is no longer being offered. It may be up to a year before the hiring situation changes at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in the Washington DC area.

Well, there may be no NASA job in the near future but there may be a layoff for me coming soon. I will find out on November 1st whether that will be my last day at ATK. To be honest, a layoff wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would rather be working but could probably entertain myself for 6 months or so. My work is laying off 20% or about 100 people on November 1st and I will likely be one of them. We are all waiting to find out.

I will continue to look for NASA jobs but there are very few opportunities right now. I am holding off on looking into contracting jobs for now. I am continuing to explore other job options in the Minneapolis area. I pray that God continues to give me purpose and meaning in my blessed life no matter where I work (house or office).

2 comments:

TB said...

prayers for you raquel--i know no matter the outcome, this is a difficult and trying time. hugs for you!

Dunham said...

Oh man, if thats only the understatement. Like so many jobs go belly up...its sad. But hey that is so awesome you are pursiung your dream! Keep at it! =)